Safety Station with Eyewash, Freeze and Scald Protection Valves
Application: Combination eyewash and shower safety station. Unit is furnished with temperature-actuated freeze and scald protection valves. When water temperature drops below 40°F or rises above 95°F, drain valve automatically opens to allow water to circulate through unit. Unit is designed so that, when drain valve is open, there are no “dead legs” of water standing in unit. Water circulates until water temperature returns to within 40° – 95°F range.
Shower Head: 10″ diameter orange ABS plastic.
Shower Valve: 1″ IPS chrome plated brass stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and Teflon® seals. Furnished with stainless steel actuating arm and 29″ stainless steel pull rod.
Spray Head Assembly: Two GS-Plus™ spray heads. Each head has a “flip top” dust cover, internal flow control and filter to remove impurities from water.
Eyewash Bowl: 11-1/2″ stainless steel.
Eyewash Valve: 1/2″ IPS chrome plated brass three-way self-draining stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and Teflon® seals. After eyewash is used, valve permits water in spray head assembly to drain out.
Pipe and Fittings: Schedule 40 galvanized steel. Furnished with orange polyethylene covers for vertical piping for high visibility and corrosion resistance.
Supply: 1-1/4″ NPT female top inlet.
Waste: 1-1/4″ NPT female outlet. Outlet can be positioned at either 9-1/4″ or 19-5/8″ above finished floor by reversing lower pipe nipples.
Sign: Furnished with ANSI-compliant identification sign.
Quality Assurance: Valve and spray head assemblies are factory assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
- GC Powder coated finish on galvanized Pipe and Fittings:. Available colors include orange, yellow, red and green.
- FC20 Regulates shower flow rate to 20 GPM.
- GRN Green ABS plastic shower head.
- YEL Yellow ABS plastic shower head.
- SSH Stainless steel shower head.
- AP275-100 Electric Light and Alarm Horn Light and alarm horn summon assistance when eyewash or shower is activated.
- AP250-015 Modesty Curtain Modesty curtain for mounting on safety station.
- TMV AP3800 thermostatic mixing valve precisely blends hot and cold water to deliver warm (tepid) water as required by ANSI Z358.1-2014.