Barrier-Free Safety Station with WideArea™ Eye/Face Wash, Plastic Shower Head
Application: Barrier-Free combination WideArea™ eye/face wash and shower safety station. Shower head and pull rod are extended for improved access. Bowl is lowered and extended to permit access by wheelchair user. Profile of unit is “flattened” to comply with maximum height and knee clearance requirements.
ADA Compliance: Unit complies with ADA requirements for accessibility by handicapped persons (maximum height and reach, minimum knee clearance and distance from obstructions).
Shower Head: 10″ diameter orange ABS plastic (SSBF909) or stainless steel (SSBF909SSH), with 20 GPM flow control.
Shower Valve: 1” IPS chrome plated brass stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and PTFE seals. Furnished with stainless steel actuating arm and 47-1/2” stainless steel pull rod.
Spray Head Assembly: Four GS-Plus™ spray heads. Each head has a “flip-top” dust cover, internal flow control and filter to remove impurities from water flow.
Eye/Face Wash Bowl: 11-1/8″ diameter stainless steel.
Eye/Face Wash Valve: 1/2” IPS chrome plated brass stay-open ball valve. Valve is US-made with chrome plated brass ball and PTFE seals.
Pipe and Fittings: Schedule 40 galvanized steel. Furnished with orange polyethylene pipe covers for high visibility and corrosion resistance.
Supply: 1-1/4″ NPT female top or side inlet.
Waste: 1-1/4″ NPT female outlet. Outlet can be positioned at either 9-1/4″ or 19-5/8″ above finished floor by reversing lower pipe nipples.
Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
Quality Assurance: Valve and spray head assemblies are factory assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
- TM6040 Thermostatic mixing valve precisely blends hot and cold water to deliver tepid water as required by ANSI Z358.1-2014. Refer to “Thermostatic Mixing Valves” section for complete technical and product selection information.
- GC Powder coated finish on galvanized pipe and fittings. Available colors include orange, yellow, red and green.
- BC Stainless steel cover for eye/face wash bowl.
- HS Auxiliary drench hose unit for rinsing eyes, face or body.
- APBF250-015 Modesty curtain for mounting on Barrier-Free safety station.
- AP275-200 Electric flashing light and alarm horn unit for mounting on wall or vertical pipe. Light illuminates and horn sounds when eye/face wash or shower is activated. Furnished complete with flow switch and mounting hardware.