|Note: Shown with optional AP280-235 electric light and alarm horn unit (sold separately).|
Recessed Safety Station with Drain Pan and Daylight Drain, Wall Mounted Exposed Shower Head, Fire-Rated Construction
Application: Recessed barrier-free eye/face wash and shower safety station for use in 1- and 2-hour fire-rated walls. Unit has wall mounted exposed shower head and drain pan. Stainless steel cover provides attractive appearance and protects unit when not in use. When activated, cover serves as pan to collect waste water and return it into unit for drainage. Rather than connecting to building drainage system, unit has 1” IPS stainless steel drain on front of unit for waste water. Front drain provides for less costly installation while facilitating regular testing of unit.
Fire Resistance: Unit can be used in 1- and 2-hour fire-rated walls without compromising integrity of wall. Unit has endothermic ceramic fiber blanket around cabinet and is sealed with fire barrier caulk. Unit is UL-listed as “Through-Penetration Firestop System No. W-L-7167.” Use fire barrier caulk when installing unit.
ADA Compliance: When installed at recommended mounting heights, unit complies with ADA requirements for accessibility by handicapped persons.
Shower Head: 10” diameter stainless steel with 20 GPM flow control. Furnished with horizontal supply pipe and wall escutcheon.
Shower Valve: 1″ IPS brass stay-open ball valve with stainless steel “panic bar” actuator.
Cover/Drain Pan: 16 gauge stainless steel combination cover and drain pan. Grasping “panic bar” handle and opening cover pulls spray head assembly down from vertical to horizontal position, activating water flow. While unit is in operation, waste water is collected in drain pan and re-directed to daylight drain for drainage out the front of unit. Unit remains in operation until cover is returned to closed position.
Eye/Face Wash Spray Head Assembly: Two FS-Plus™ spray heads mounted on supply arms. Each spray head has individually adjustable flow control and filter to remove impurities from water flow.
Eye/Face Wash Valve: 1/2″ IPS brass plug-type valve with O-ring seals. Furnished with in-line strainer to protect valve from debris and foreign matter.
Mounting: 16 gauge stainless steel cabinet with flange featuring 3/8” return for recessed mounting in wall.
Pipe and Fittings: Exposed pipe and escutcheon are brushed stainless steel.
Supply: 1″ NPT male inlet.
Waste: 1” IPS stainless steel drain elbow on front of unit.
Sign: ANSI-compliant identification sign.
Quality Assurance: Unit is completely assembled and water tested prior to shipment.
U.S. Patent 5,768,721
- TM6040 Thermostatic mixing valve precisely blends hot and cold water to deliver tepid water as required by ANSI Z358.1-2014. Refer to Tempering Valves section for complete technical and product selection information.
- PCC Polished chrome plated brass shower supply nipple.
- AP250-018SS Brushed stainless steel support brace for wall mounted showers. Brace mounts above or below shower.
- AP250-065 Modesty curtain for wall mounting.
- AP280-235 Electric strobe light and alarm horn unit for recess mounting in finished wall. Light illuminates and horn sounds when shower is activated. Includes additional leads for remote monitoring.
- AP280-237 Electric strobe light and alarm horn unit with silencing switch for recess mounting in finished wall. Light illuminates and horn sounds when shower is activated. Includes additional leads for remote monitoring.