Why join the WaterSaver team?
At WaterSaver, we take great pride in the quality of our products, our service to our customers and our employees. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a work environment structured to cultivate your professional growth.
If you thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced culture, a career at WaterSaver is the right fit for you.
In 1975, we established Guardian Equipment Inc. (gesafety.com). Guardian manufactures emergency eyewash and shower equipment for use in science and industrial facilities. Guardian began as two assembly tables in the back of the WaterSaver factory. Today, Guardian is the leading manufacturer of emergency equipment in the world.
Our two companies have come a long way since 1946. We are now in our third generation of family ownership and management. We started out in a small facility on the near west side of Chicago. Today, we have a global footprint. We operate four manufacturing facilities in three countries (United States, Germany and Mexico). In addition, we maintain sales and distribution facilities in England, Dubai, Singapore and China.
In spite of our long history and uninterrupted growth, we have never lost sight of what has been at the core of our success: exceeding the expectations of our customers every single day.
- Safety. Providing a safe and healthy work environment for all of our people is of paramount importance. We have an active safety program that is dedicated to assuring that risks are identified and addressed before a problem occurs. We never sacrifice safety for the sake of speed or money.
- Quality. Next to safety, quality is our highest imperative. Our products must set the standard for performance and durability. We never sacrifice quality for the sake of rushing an order out or cutting a cost.
- Service. We strive to get our customers the products they need when they need them. Our customers are under tight deadlines to complete construction projects and turn them over to the owners. They depend on us to keep our lead-times short to meet even the most demanding schedules.
- Efficiency. We must do all of this at the most competitive prices in the industry. We can only accomplish this by continually getting better at what we do. We are always striving to improve our manufacturing processes and take cost and waste out of our business.
The values described above guide how we operate on a day-to-day basis within our four walls. We also live by a system of values that guide how we relate to the world outside our doors. These are:
- Support for our Community. We are one of the last manufacturing companies left in the heart of Chicago. We have chosen to stay and invest rather than leave. Due to this commitment, we now have two state-of-the-art manufacturing plants within two miles of downtown Chicago. 80% of our employees reside in the City of Chicago, so staying here represents our commitment to our people and our community.
- Providing Opportunities. Austin Polytechnical Academy is a high school in an impoverished community on the west side of Chicago. We have partnered with them in their mission of training minority youth for careers in manufacturing. We funded the establishment of their machining training facility. In addition, we offer job shadowing, mentoring and summer employment for their students as they learn the skills necessary to succeed in the manufacturing world.
- Sustainability. We are committed to preserving and sustaining the world in which we live. Our two Chicago plants are LEED Gold certified by the US Green Building Council for energy efficiency and sustainability. We process all manufacturing wastes on site so the only discharges that leave our plant are clean air and clean water. We recycle scrap metal, packaging and other materials to minimize what goes into landfills.
Our Recruiting Process
Our recruiting process consists of a number of steps. The process may vary slightly depending on the position you are applying for.
- Any school work, training or job experiences that have prepared you for the position.
- Any special achievements you have had or certifications or awards you have received.
- Community service you are involved in.
- Why you are pursuing a career in manufacturing.
- Why you feel you would be a good addition to our team.
Step 2. After we receive your application, it will be reviewed by a member of our Human Resources team. If your skills and experience match what we are looking for, we will call you for a phone interview. The purpose of the phone interview is to get acquainted with you, verify the information on your resume and determine if there is mutual interest. Depending on the phone interview, we may invite you to our facility for an in-person interview.
Step 3. At the in-person interview, you will meet with a representative of our Human Resources team. You may also meet with a supervisor or manager of the department or area you are applying for. We will try to evaluate your relevant experience, skills and competencies. You will have a chance to learn the specifics of the job and ask questions about it and the company.
Step 4. Depending on the job you are applying for, we may ask you to come back for a second interview. At the second interview, you will meet more people at the company and tour the plant. Prior to the second interview, we will usually ask you to complete an on-line assessment tool that will help us to learn more about you.
Step 5. If everything is in order, we will extend a job offer. The job offer will be contingent upon successful completion of background checks, reference checks, proof of eligibility to work, a drug test and, for some positions, a pre-employment physical. Please be aware that all job applicants must pass a drug test.
WaterSaver Faucet Co. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe and healthy work environment.
- Get to know us. There is a lot of information about our company, history, products and people on our website.
- If you know someone who works at WaterSaver, talk to them to hear about their experiences working at our company.
- Prepare a list of questions you would like to ask us. It is just as important for you to get to know us as for us to get to know you.
- Be ready to talk about the work and life experiences that make you a compelling candidate. Tell us about your strengths and the abilities that will help you to be successful at WaterSaver.
Due to the continuing growth of our business, we currently have a number of career positions open. These include the following:
As Technical Writer, you will work closely with designers, engineers, sales team and customer service to produce high-quality documentation for websites, catalogs and operation and maintenance manuals.
This position supports the daily operations of our purchasing team including soliciting price quotations, placing purchase orders and resolving vendor issues.
Inside Technical Sales Representative
This position offers practical experience in all aspects of the sales process and is the ideal position for an ambitious professional looking to gain sales experience.
The Plating Supervisor will supervise all aspects of daily operations in our in-house plating operation.
CNC Machine Operator – 2nd Shift
You will be responsible for operating CNC lathes and mills, working to turn valuable castings, forgings, and bar stock into quality parts for our customers.
General Factory Help
Are you looking for an opportunity to get started in manufacturing? If so, we have positions available for ambitious people who are willing to work hard and learn new skills.
As a Material Handler, you will help to maintain production and distribution of products by pulling orders from inventory; delivering production materials and supplies and staging finished product.